Legendary Panels are smart and environmentally friendly
With rising concerns over global climate change, reducing the environmental impact of homes and commercial buildings is a priority. Buildings made with Legendary Panels:
• Meet qualification standards – Builders using SIPs can more easily meet qualification standards under many green building rating systems such as LEED (Leadership in Energy Efficient Design), Green Globes and NAHB green building programs.
• Obtain Energy Star certification – Homes built with SIPs can easily qualify for EPA’s Energy Star certification by achieving a favorable HERS Index (Home Energy Rating System). Also, SIPs provide the best chance to meet the more rigorous Energy Star 3.0 rating set to be implemented in Jan 2012.
• Are made with environmentally friendly skins – Wood for the OSB skins is made from trees harvested from sustainably managed forests.
• Are ozone friendly – The insulating core is lightweight structural foam composed of 98% air and requires a relatively small amount of petroleum to produce and does not threaten the earth’s ozone layer.
• Reduce lumber waste – EPA estimates that 1 Billion board feet of salvageable lumber is sent to landfills. Enough to build more than 62,000 average sized American homes. The use of SIPs reduces this by more than 30%.
Legendary Panels is the smart choice to ensure that your projects are efficient, long-lasting and meet all of the current and near-future standards and certifications including LEED and Energy Star 3.0.