Nailbase is a cost-effictive solution for remodeling or rennovating an existing home or building when speed, budget and dramatically increasing energy efficiency are the goals. A retrofit from the outside in, nailbase creates an airtight envelope that will last a lifetime.
Features & Benefits:
Nailbase adds insulation
Three standard thicknesses:
7/8” foam + 7/16” OSB = R-3.5+
–1 5/8” foam + 7/16” OSB = R-6+
–3 5/8” foam + 7/16” OSB = R-12.5+
•.75 lb psf density foam laminated to OSB in 4’ x 8’ sheets edge-to-edge.
Fastens to existing surfaces such as wall studs or roof trusses/decking.
Sealing creates a complete air barrier.
Increases Envelope Performance
- Airtight envelope.
- 4×8 panels with expanding foam or SIP tape.
- Before and after blower door test for HERS score
- Combine with whole-house energy upgrade package such as windows, doors, HVAC.
- Outside in energy retrofit.
- Minimal waste.
- Quick door and window replacement.
- Easy and quick re-roof.
- Less time on job site.
- No crew required inside of home or building.
Reduces Energy Costs
- Added insulation to walls and/or roof.
- Controls air infiltration/exfiltration.
- HVAC ducting inside of conditioned space.
- Reduced sizing of HVAC.
- HERS Score lowered.
Time and Labor Savings
- Delivered as complete package.
- Standard tooling such as nail guns and screwdrivers.
- 4’ x 8’ sheets go up fast and easy.
- Spray foam canisters and SIP tape provide quick sealing.
- No special training/licensing required.